Can't link propositions across cmaps

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dcparker

Can't link propositions across cmaps

Post by dcparker »

Hello,

I am using cmap 5.05 on Mac OS 10.7.4. In the past I have been able to link propositions between cmaps, and have examples of this in my My Cmaps folder. Currently I am not able to link propositions across cmaps. When I left click on the arrow on a proposition in one window, it simply will not leave that window to connect to the other cmap.

I deinstalled the old version of cmap and installed 5.05. I have no other programs open other than web browser and mail (ie, no Microsoft stuff). The cross-cmap links on my old cmaps are still active, but I can't add new ones. I also tried using just a single display but that didn't make a difference.

Any insights? I am left clicking on the arrow above the proposition and attempting to drag it to the other window. I've tried it with and without the arrows activated on the other window. But as I said, I can't leave the current window--it just creates a new linked proposition in the same cmap.

Am I missing something obvious and simple (hopefully)?

Thanks, Dawn Parker
acanas

Re: Can't link propositions across cmaps

Post by acanas »

After you click on the arrow above the concept, hit the "Command" key on the keyboard, the link to the other Cmap should work. This should work on OS X.
ecervantes

Post by ecervantes »

Thank you! I was just having the same problem on OSX, and having no luck searching for a solution outside this forum. I do wish they would note this in the main support document--seems pretty fundamental.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We've been able to reproduce it, but at times it works and at times it doesn't. We are looking into it.