Trouble syncing maps between iPad and PC (and vice versa)

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools for the iPad? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
This forum is aimed at users of CmapTools for the iPad App.
nman100

Trouble syncing maps between iPad and PC (and vice versa)

Post by nman100 »

Hi, I'm having trouble syncing between my iPad and PC.

If I create a Cmap on either my iPad or PC I then can view it on the other.

But if I edit it on one (e.g. PC), then it doesn't seem to sync between the other (iPad). How long is the syncing supposed to be - very quick, i.e. as soon as you update it, or longer?

I thought we were supposed to be able to edit the cmap on one then open it up and edit on the other. This doesn't seem to work though.
acanas

Re: Trouble syncing maps between iPad and PC (and vice versa

Post by acanas »

You have to manually sync on the iPad ... tap on the rounded circle above the list of resources to sync.
bertold

Post by bertold »

Same problem with Mac and iPad.
iPad gets new CMaps, but no changes. Even when I saved the changed CMap on the Mac, gave it another name and draw it to the cloud, the iPad didn't sync it.
Why can't you erase a CMap from the iPad in the Cloud?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Are you tapping on the Sync button? The syncing is not automatic.

You should be able to delete resources on the Cmap Cloud from CmapTools and have them automatically deleted on the iPad when you *manually* sync.
KOfTheEnd

Post by KOfTheEnd »

I have the same problem, impossible to sync correctly between MAC and iPad.
All changes made on iPad appear on MAC, but anything done on MAC is completely lost, doesn't appear on iPad even when pressing the sync button a thousand times and relaunching the application.
Moreover, how does the system deal with conflicts like when you haven't saved a map on MAC but change it on iPad.
This is crazy to ask money for a non working crappy feature while the software itself (without the sync feature) is wonderful and free.
To make a working syncing system you need to test it on a whole lot of devices with different ID, this is why you ask money in the first place right?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

KOfTheEnd, sorry to see you are having problems.

First, we did do extensive beta testing, with all devices, and we have lots of users who are syncing without problems. The feature was developed on a Mac, so syncing from a Mac should not be an issue. In version 1.1 of the software we fixed some issues that we found, but obviously we haven't found all bugs.

Second, maybe if you have the time you can help us debug your problem and find out why in your case its not working. Its difficult to reproduce these issues in our lab.

We would need to know what email account you are using and possibly screen shots of the Views in CmapTools and of the iPad app to see what resources are not being synced. We could do this off line of course, not through the forum.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Thanks! We'll contact you.