"Connection Issue"

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools for the iPad? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
This forum is aimed at users of CmapTools for the iPad App.
calebzilmer

"Connection Issue"

Post by calebzilmer »

I am using CMap for the iPad and, up until today, it has been fantastic.

I have 2 CMaps and am trying to create a third, but when I do, I get an error message saying that there is a Connection Issue: Unable to Retrieve CMap.

I am confused by this, as I am just now trying to create it. Where would it be getting retrieved from?

I would have included a screenshot of the error message, but it looks like I cannot in this forum.

Is there a limit to how man CMaps I can have? Another setting that I am not seeing?

Any clarifications or suggestions anyone has would be uber-appreciated!
rcarff

Re: "Connection Issue"

Post by rcarff »

The only limit to the number of Cmaps you can create is the space on your iPad. Exactly when do you get this error message? Is it when you choose 'Done' after choosing to add a new Resource or some other time? If you would, please explain the steps you take after starting the app which result in this error message. As for including a screen shot, on the posting page, there is an "Upload attachment" tab below the reply area next to the "Options" tab, which allows for uploading screen shots.
calebzilmer

Post by calebzilmer »

I get the error message right after hitting Done, as you noted might be the case.

The steps I use that get me to this point:
1) Click the + icon at the bottom of My CMaps
2) Select New CMap from the 4 options
3) Type in information: title, etc.
4) Click Done
5) Error Message occurs

I have attempted this action a number of time, with the same result. Any troubleshooting help you can provide is appreciated. I have included a photo of the screenshot (thanks for the help navigating that).
Attachments
image.jpg
rcarff

Post by rcarff »

From your screen shot I see that you are using the '/' character in the map name. This character is causing the error message that you are seeing. Do not use it and you should not have an issue. You can delete the resources with the '/' character in their name by swiping the name in the list to the left and then selecting the "Delete" button.
calebzilmer

Post by calebzilmer »

Indeed that was the issue! Why is that?! Perhaps I should just read the directions a little more in depth...

Thanks for the help!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Its a bug. Will be fixed in the next version.