Edits Not Saving

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools for the iPad? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
This forum is aimed at users of CmapTools for the iPad App.
calebzilmer

Edits Not Saving

Post by calebzilmer »

I have had another issue arise for me. I am hoping you can help.

Every edit I make to my CMaps now will not save. When I switch to another CMap and then switch back to the one I was editing, all of my changes are lost, and the map has reverted to the last version.

I have gone so far as to delete the CMap Tools app from my iPad and downloaded it again. The problem persists.

Ideas?
rcarff

Re: Edits Not Saving

Post by rcarff »

The edits that are not saved, are they any edits, like moving a concept and creating a concept, or are they just edits to a concept or linking phrase's text? I have found an issue where if you only change the text of a concept or linking phrase and then go to another map, the text change is not saved. This has been fixed and will be in the v1.2 release. If this is the case, change the text and then move a concept or link and then see if the change is saved. If you still have saving issues, please explain exactly what is happening, and if possible give the steps which you are performing that cause the issue.
OliverNoah

Re: Edits Not Saving

Post by OliverNoah »

It appears that the issue you're encountering with CMaps involves an inability to save edits, even after reinstalling the CMap Tools app on your iPad. Unfortunately, using CX File Explorer won't directly resolve this problem as it's a tool for managing files rather than addressing application-specific issues.

To troubleshoot this problem effectively, there are several steps you can take:

Firstly, check if there are any updates available for the CMap Tools app on the App Store. Sometimes, app updates include bug fixes that may address issues related to data saving.

Secondly, try restarting your iPad. This simple step can sometimes resolve temporary glitches or issues with app performance by refreshing system processes.

If the app has a cache or temporary data that may be causing the problem, explore the settings within the CMap Tools app to see if there's an option to clear cache or temporary data.

Ensure that your iPad has sufficient storage space available. If the device is low on storage, it may struggle to save data properly.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to contact the support team for CMap Tools. They have expertise in troubleshooting app-specific issues and may provide further guidance or solutions tailored to your situation.

By following these steps and seeking assistance from the app's support team if necessary, you should be able to identify and address the issue with your CMaps not saving edits correctly. Must visit: https://cxfileexplorerapk.net/