first attempt to test cloudcmap with a tablet

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools in the Cloud? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
tifialf

first attempt to test cloudcmap with a tablet

Post by tifialf »

Hello everybody
I'm very glad to be the first to post here.
I accessed my regularly activated cloud account with both CmapTools beta 6 version and through a tablet (Android Nexus 7)
From web application (on the PC browser and tablet's), I can't find the link to share the cmap (like the url from the cmaptools window, https://cmapscloud.ihmc.us:443/......name.cmap)

From tablet only:
1) can't move a single node (all canvas displaces) (this is a major problem)
2) text selection with cursors continues within all the text in the nodes and linking phrases (this is a minor problem).

Thank you for checking Ron

Alfredo
acanas

Re: first attempt to test cloudcmap with a tablet

Post by acanas »

Alfredo,

Please note that CmapTools on the Cloud was not designed to be used on a tablet. The gestures and manipulations of a web page on a tablet make the application hard to use -- it was designed to be used on a desktop or laptop with a mouse.
tifialf

Re: first attempt to test cloudcmap with a tablet

Post by tifialf »

Ok, Alberto, I see that working with an android tablet is a little cumbersome.

Anyway the main difficulties to work without mouse have been fixed, by means of alternative procedures: it is already possible to create a connection by tapping the double arrow icon and then tapping another place in the canvas or on a second preexisting node.
So, just a little effort more, would make possible to move single nodes or multiple selections of nodes, and would be a solution to make minor changes on concepts maps with portable devices, if not to create big and complex concept maps.

Thanks again

Alfredo