Saving in the CmapCloud

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools in the Cloud? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
cassv

Saving in the CmapCloud

Post by cassv »

Hi,

I am working on a map along with 2 other individuals on the cloud. However, when I try and save, it asks me whether I want to save it in "Dialog Save as", and even though I click yes, the same question will pop up every time. I can save the map onto my computer with no issues, but I can't save it on the cloud.

What should I do?

I tried copy-pasting the map onto a new map, in a new folder, deleting everything previously, etc. I have done everything I can think of and this message is still appearing.

Any ideas as to what I can do next?

Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.6, cmap V.6.03

Thanks,
Cassandra
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Saving in the CmapCloud

Post by cmapadmin »

Please try to explain better what you are trying to do.

Is the Cmap already in your Cmap Cloud account? From your message it seems it is, and you opened it from the desktop version. When you say you are working with 2 other individuals, are they editing the same Cmap at the same time using the Desktop version? Concurrent-editing can only be done between Desktop version of CmapTools, the web version does not support concurrent editing.

When you say you copy-paste to a new folder, is this folder in the Cmap Cloud?

Please be more specific, its hard to figure out what is it that you are trying to do...

Cmap Support
cassv

Post by cassv »

Hi,

My apologies, I will try and explain this better.

The map we are editing is located on the cloud. We all access the cloud from our desktop version of our own computer in different locations either at the same time or different times. Each time until today, once we were done, we would save the map directly onto the cloud without any issues.

However, today, as I was editing my map, I wasn't able to save it anymore onto the cloud from my desktop version. So, I tried saving it onto the cloud under a different name, onto the cloud in a different shared folder, tried copy-pasting the content onto another map and save that new map, no success. HOWEVER, I was able to save the map onto my computer folder WITHOUT any issue. From there, I was able to grab this newly edited map and bring it onto the cloud folder, but when editing and saving directly from the cloud folder, I kept getting that error "dialogue try save as" message. It is as if I just can't save it onto the cloud specifically.

Thankfully enough, collaboration is still possible, but the saving becomes somewhat of a struggle as we each save on our computers and the last person on the map when we collaborate saves that version and drags it back onto the cloud (always under a different name, of course).

Does that illustre my issue more clearly...?

Cassandra
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, thanks for the clarification. Question: if you are not collaborating, can you open and save the Cmap from the Cmap Cloud without problems?