Autolayout Up and Left

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
bokc

Autolayout Up and Left

Post by bokc »

I think it would be really nice to have an Autolayout feature which did the same as the current Autolayout on Hierarchy mode, but did so towards the upper and left directions. It currently only does so downward or rightward depending on the Horizontal Hierarchy being toggled or not. Allowing for the same Autolayout to be used towards the other two directions would really help out in situations when you want branches extending outwards from a center object, which I think is a common occurence for mind maps.
durward03

Re: Autolayout Up and Left

Post by durward03 »

You raise a very good point. Having the ability to auto-layout branches in all four directions (up, down, left, right) would make mind mapping in Miro much more flexible and intuitive.geometry dash
Anna

Post by Anna »

An Autolayout feature that extends upwards and leftwards in Hierarchy mode would greatly enhance flexibility, especially for mind maps with branches extending from a central point.
lciilnrwof

Post by lciilnrwof »

Very good idea. It makes operations more convenient. However, it's not toophrazle urgent so I'm not sure if it's a priority or not.
Mikoals

Post by Mikoals »

The flexibility and intuitiveness of mind mapping in Miro would be much enhanced if it could automatically layout branches in all four directions.
ragdoll archers
spankertittering

Post by spankertittering »

bokc wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:33 pm I think it would be really nice to have an Autolayout feature which did the same as the current Autolayout on Hierarchy mode, but did so towards the upper and left directions. It currently only does so downward or rightward depending on the Horizontal Hierarchy being toggled or not. Allowing for the same Autolayout to be used towards the other two directions would really help out in situations when you want branches extending outwards from a center object, which I think is a common occurence for mind maps.basket random
I completely agree with your opinion.