How I can create and use global styles in my CMaps?

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
noizze

How I can create and use global styles in my CMaps?

Post by noizze »

Hello.

In every brand new project (CMap) I'd like to use bunch of styles I've already created in erlier projects (CMaps).
How can I do it?

Only way I found was opening one of old Cmaps and copying style I need then pasting this style in new Cmap.

It's tricky and complicated. And, what most sad — new styles do not appearing in "Styles" palette.

So, my question is simple: How I can create and use global styles in my CMaps?

Instead of copy/paste from older Cmaps OR instеad of applying of font, color, border, etc. properties EVERYTIME.
rcarvajal

Re: How I can create and use global styles in my CMaps?

Post by rcarvajal »

@noizze:

In order to learn how to save a Style, please refer to the CmapTools Help and read the entry titled Create Custom Styles , then follow the discussion about Named Styles in CmapTools v5.03
Rodrigo Carvajal
savita

Post by savita »

Global styles in CmapTools allow you to define a set of formatting attributes such as font size, color, style, and shape for your concept map elements (e.g. nodes, links, labels) that can be applied to multiple elements at once. This can help ensure consistency and save time when formatting your maps. JTWhatsapp
Dean

Post by Dean »

To create and use global styles in your CMaps using CmapTools, follow these steps:

Open your CMap in CmapTools and go to the "Edit" menu.

Click on "Styles" and then "Manage Styles".

In the "Manage Styles" dialog box, click on the "New" button to create a new style.

Give your style a name and choose the type of element you want to apply it to, such as "Concept", "Link", or "Resource".

Use the options in the dialog box to customize the appearance of your style, such as changing the font, color, or line style.

Once you have created your style, click "OK" to save it.

To apply your style to an element in your CMap, select the element and then click on the style in the "Styles" menu.

To apply your style to multiple elements at once, select them all and then click on the style in the "Styles" menu.

By creating and using global styles in your CMaps, you can quickly and easily apply consistent formatting to your elements, making your maps more organized and easier to read.gold whatsapp