Being able to define a default directory for resources

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
philipjones

Being able to define a default directory for resources

Post by philipjones »

We are creating a large knowledge map. To keep it tidy, most of the resources (other than the CMaps) are held in a sub-folder (named resources). However, every time someone adds a new resource to a CMap it goes into the top-level folder. It then has to be moved to the sub-folder and the link must then be fixed. :(

Would it be possible to select a default folder for resources (probably by adding to the existing 'preferences' functionality).

I would also like to be able to select a preference for seeing the directories in list rather than thumbnail view.

Thanks,

Phil
rcarvajal

Re: Being able to define a default directory for resources

Post by rcarvajal »

@philipjones:
It then has to be moved to the sub-folder and the link must then be fixed. :(
If you move the resource using CmapTools, then the link will remain. Are you moving the resources using the operating system?

I would suggest you to Drag and Drop first the resources to the designated resource folder (using CmapTools), then you drag & drop the resource from the Views to the concept map.
I would also like to be able to select a preference for seeing the directories in list rather than thumbnail view.
There is not a preference option, but at the bottom of the Views Window you can select the type of view: Thumbnails or Tree.
Rodrigo Carvajal
philipjones

Post by philipjones »

Rodrigo,

I have always moved the link within CMap ... I will try again, but my recollection is then that the link is lost.

Regards,

Phil
philipjones

Post by philipjones »

PS

Also, I can't see how the method you've suggested would work for url links.

Phil