Pagination in printing

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
skymccloud

Pagination in printing

Post by skymccloud »

The format in which I need to print out each of my CMAPS is always landscape, multiple pages wide and one page tall. It would be helpful to have the option to see page breaks in the CMAP when creating it. That way elements would not be divided by page breaks. As far as I can tell the program center justifies the CMAP in however many pages wide you tell it. This is clumsy when you try to print on multiple pages to place in a printed folder or presentation. As you add to the CMAP the page breaks constantly move around the on the image. Can this be made not to move?
Thanks, Sy
dgroos

Re: Pagination in printing

Post by dgroos »

I was just coming to the forum to post a similar request. My students sometimes need a horizontal, sometimes a vertical page layout to optimize the look of their cmap. This is extremely difficult without some kind of page dimension guides. It would be great if there were a button to show (sliding, re-sizable) page dimensions on the editing screen. Making it re-sizable would make sense as the image automatically re-sizes to fit a page when printing.

Perhaps on the same note, I almost always wish that I could take full use of the page I'm printing on. I wish I could change the print-margins for cmap-tools, not the default 1 inch margins. Or, if you don't want to open that up, instead make them default at .5".

Thanks!
acanas

Post by acanas »

Thanks, we'll take into account the recommendations. I tend to prefer to generate an image or pdf from the Cmap and then use some other method to print (e.g. when printing a large Cmap as a poster).
dgroos

Post by dgroos »

Well, even when you do this it is still useful to have a cmap that has the proportions of say an 8.5 x 11 or an 11 x 17 inch paper, in either the landscape or portrait perspective. So the point isn't weather you export the cmap to an image or pdf file, but the proportions of that object that is exported--will it make good use of whatever paper size you print it on? Do you see what I'm saying?

Thanks,
David