Options for developers

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
okinal

Options for developers

Post by okinal »

Hello,
i am a PhD student and here at the University of Sydney some years ago was developed an application for building concept maps called VCM (http://chai.it.usyd.edu.au/Software). I am working with the Educational Datamining group and actually, we found that CmapTools is a very complete application very useful to mine data for finding patterns or extract the learning model. VCM doesn't have such features.
My question (more than a suggestion) is this: it is possible to add a kind of plug into CmapTools (for example an automatic recommender system or a finer-grain logging) ? That option would be very useful for our research. Which options do we have, even as an University.

Thanks
Roberto Martinez
acanas

Re: Options for developers

Post by acanas »

Hi Roberto,

Yes, we have collaborated extensively with universities in the past in terms of developing plug-ins for CmapTools. I've responded to your personal email with more details.

Alberto
khisley

Post by khisley »

Hello,

I am interested in using Cmaps as an access method into an SQL database featuring
medical imaging exhibits supporting medical school first year dissective anatomy.

Does this capability exist, and, if not, how does one go about requesting and/or prototyping a plugin
to achieve this function.

Thanks,

Cal Hisley
acanas

Post by acanas »

Hi Cal,

No, the capability doesn't exist. To develop a plugin you need access to the source code, which is possible if you are an educational or research organization and are interested.
Jiellen_27

Post by Jiellen_27 »

Thanks for the info,i really appreciate it...
how to treat depression
Cheers!