Google App CmapTools Add-on

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
jgorman

Google App CmapTools Add-on

Post by jgorman »

It would be really cool to have a Google App Add-on . Lucid cart has one. I could see one that would take a document and use an algorithm to turn it into a concept map.

Google Apps have widely been adopted by schools in out area and is much work is done through it so any interconnection would be better than almost none now besides raising the visibility of CmapTools.

Jim
revordo48

Re: Google App CmapTools Add-on

Post by revordo48 »

this would be awesome!
i work with high school students and we have regular access to google chromebooks, which cannot support cmaps currently. this is a shame because we would benefit from using cmaps more regularly since we are a science class.

if possible, please develop! more schools are moving to using chromebooks rather than full on computers.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

It is now available, CmapTools in the Cloud. https://cmapcloud.ihmc.us

Not a Google App Add-on, but a web version of CmapTools.
faral99

Post by faral99 »

Hello,
I'm a Ph.D. candidate at Turkish military academy. I'm working on technology management and we use cmap tools in our lessons.
As can be seen, i'm not the only one who uses the cmap tool. There are lots of master and ph.d. students at this school.
By the way, we need the cmap app for android.
You answered previous demands by writing "we have cmap cloud" but, if we look at the site-gives infos about cmap clouds- we see that we can't (negative) use it on our tablets or smart phones.
The android app will be cmap tool's light for giving importance for it's customers and shareholders and also for the science.

We are looking for your positive answer.
Sincerely yours.

Ferdi Aral
Ph.D. candidate
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

At this point there is no funding to develop an Android App. We depend on external funding and grants for development.
johnamaro

Post by johnamaro »

I have been using the CmapTools app in my mobile phone and since I have updated mobile version, the app is not working properly. The app crashes whenever I try to open the app. If it seems to be happening then I have deleted and reinstalled but still the problem is not solved. I had downloaded the app from here. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cmaptools/id927987108
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

CmapTools for iPad only works on the iPad, not on an iPhone. Did you get it to work on an iPhone?
ethanlly

Post by ethanlly »

jgorman wrote: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:43 pm It would be really cool to have a Google App Add-on . Lucid cart has one. I could see one that would take a document and use an algorithm to turn it into a concept map.

Google Apps have widely been adopted by schools in out area and is much work is done through it so any interconnection would be better than almost none now besides raising the visibility of CmapTools.

Jim
It will be real great sir, but I don't think it will even gonna happen.
whatsapp mod
oosman

Post by oosman »

I work with high school students and we have regular access to google chromebooks, which cannot support cmaps currently. It'll be edi awesome.
Last edited by oosman on Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

You can use the CmapTools in the Cloud, https://cmapcloud.ihmc.us, the online version of CmapTools.