Icons on Cmap are almost microscopic

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
lplatt1

Icons on Cmap are almost microscopic

Post by lplatt1 »

Hi there,

I am a brand new student user of this software. The icons on the display interface are almost microscopic and really not readable even on a large screen. I have downloaded both the 64 bit for Windows (which is what my system is running) and the 32 bit, just to see if this at all made a difference several times to correct this problem and nothing seems to help. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this in resource "Properties." I am basically in a position of having to teach myself this software, so I am flying a bit blind. Any advice on how to solve this is most appreciated!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Icons on Cmap are almost microscopic

Post by cmapadmin »

Unfortunately this is a known issue with Java running on high definition Windows 10 machines. Recently Windows fixes have solved the problem for some users, but not all.

See more at:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4121
lplatt1

Post by lplatt1 »

Thanks so much for the response. I was finally able to download it on an older version of Windows on REALLY old computer that still works...for the moment. Hope there is a fix soon!
metaphorz99

Post by metaphorz99 »

The concepts on my maps are easy to read, but the small icons (located at the bottom edge of a concept) are very small boxes. Is there a way that they can be resized in the future? I have to tell viewers of our cloud-based cmaps explicitly to look for them as they are invisible to most viewers.
metaphorz99

Post by metaphorz99 »

I have finished grading a class where students did concept maps for museums. They are in the cloud, and the cloud references are in their powerpoints. There are a total of 27 museum objects, and so 27 cloud maps. I could not see a forum dedicated to this type of sharing, so I am posting this in "suggestions". Would this be of interest to other users?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Some people post their Cmap links in our Facebook CmapTools group. Users seem to go more for Facebook and Twitter for support nowadays. Please post them there.