CXL(Separate images)

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dumenino

CXL(Separate images)

Post by dumenino »

I need a way to export the map, so that it exports the images in a separate folder, like it does with XTM, because I need to import the cmap and the pictures into my python server. The problem with XTM is that it doesn't support annotations and info. Is there a way to do this with CXL(Separate images), what is this option supposed to do?
rcarff

Re: CXL(Separate images)

Post by rcarff »

Exporting as CXL(Separate Images) will export the map data as CXL with references to the separately exported images (all in the same folder). The CXL will contain the info data added to each node, but it will not contain the annotation information and I do not know of anyway currently to export the annotation info. The image references in the CXL are located at the bottom of the file in the 'image-list' object and are relative file references, so if you want to place the images in a folder, you would need to update the image references to match.
chemicaldefend

Re: CXL(Separate images)

Post by chemicaldefend »

The CXL (CmapXML) file format is the native file format used by CmapTools. When exporting a concept map as a CXL file, the images included in the map will not be automatically exportedgeometry dash online to a separate folder. Instead, the CXL file will contain references to the image files, maintaining their original file paths.