Change logging folder?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
lambecth

Change logging folder?

Post by lambecth »

Hello,
my company uses OneDrive for Business and unfortunately, CmapTools is putting the log folder CmapToolsLogs inside the OneDrive folder.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<Username>\OneDrive - <Company name>\CmapToolsLogs\
2022-06-27_220146.png
This means that OneDrive is constantly synchronizing. This is very annoying because it drives up the CPU load, drains the laptop's battery, and increases noise from the CPU fan.

Unfortunately, you can only set OneDrive not to sync files from the server to the local computer. However, OneDrive always synchronizes new local files to the server.
2022-06-27_220146.png
Question: Is it possible to
  • Move this folder to a location outside of OneDrive? Maybe to

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<Username>\CmapToolsLogs\
  • Or let the user choose a directory?
  • Or disable logging altogether? (I certainly don't need it.)
Best regards
Thomas
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Change logging folder?

Post by cmapadmin »

The Installer has an "Advanced Installation" option that allows you to pick the folders during installation.

If you have already installed, you can go to the folder where CmapTools program is installed, usually named "IHMC CmapTools", and located under e.g. /Applications or /Program Files, go into the bin directory, and edit (with a text editor) the 'cmaptools.cfg' file. There you will find the entry:

logger.file.path=%h/CmapToolsLogs

which is placed by default, where %h is the home directory.

You can replace it for whatever directory you want, as long as you have write permissions.
lambecth

Re: Change logging folder?

Post by lambecth »

This solves the issue. Thank you very much! :D

I had only looked in the roaming directory %AppData%\CmapTools\ and didn't pay closer attention to the installation directory.