Cmap Tools version 6.04 don't work correctly in WIN11.

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
boris177

Cmap Tools version 6.04 don't work correctly in WIN11.

Post by boris177 »

After installation under win11, there is a problem with Style windows, in it are not all functions (select styles, new styles),

see picture:
Styles.jpg
What with that in installation under Win11 ? Many thanks. ;)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Cmap Tools version 6.04 don't work correctly in WIN11.

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi. We can't see the styles jpg file -- can you email it to cmapsupprt (at) ihmc.org? Or better describe the problem you are having.
jmcguirl

Post by jmcguirl »

I also can't get the Style palette to appear (either with Ctrl-T or from the pulldown) but I am using Windows 10 Pro.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We are still looking into this issue. A cause may be that the profile file that CmapTools creates and uses for preferences and settings was created during installation in a directory for which you don't have permissions. Did you use the default directories presented during installation?
RoebuckR

Post by RoebuckR »

CMaptools 6.04 won't even start on several of my Windows 10 and 11 PCs, not processing past the splash screen.
boiledikea

Post by boiledikea »

There's a chance that CmapTools installed itself in a location where you lack permissions, and that's where the profile file it utilizes for options and settings was producedsoccer random. I'm not sure if the Cmaps software has resolved the issue yet.
vocalhip

Re: Why no topics and comments on failure of CMapTools V6.04 on Windows 10 or 11.

Post by vocalhip »

Danieljoilk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 am Is there a conspiracy preventing users from discussing the widespread failure of CMapTools V6.04 on Windows 10 or 11? It seems suspicious that there is a complete absence of topics and comments addressing this issue, raising concerns about potential censorship or deliberate suppression of information.
What troubleshooting steps or solutions have you attempted to resolve the compatibility issues between CMapTools V6.04 and Windows 10 or 11? doodle jump