command line argument to import proposition table

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ewfarrell

command line argument to import proposition table

Post by ewfarrell »

Does CMAP tools support command line arguments? Specifically I want to generate proposition tables in another application, export them as text files, and directly import them into a CMAP graph via the command line. For example: "CmapTools -import proposition_table.txt" Is such command line use possible in CMAP?

Thanks
ewfarrell

Re: command line argument to import proposition table

Post by ewfarrell »

Addendum to my original post: "command line argument to import proposition table:" I'm using the 64 bit windows version of CMAP Tools 6.04
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

No, it does not. You need to import them through the menu item. You could generate a CXL file from the table instead of a table. Then it would be ready for CmapTools to read it if you place it in My Cmaps and launch CmapTools.
ewfarrell

Post by ewfarrell »

Thanks for this. A question related to your solution: must the unique IDs contained in a CMAP-generated CXL file (1YWFHPDZM-1JRY4J2-BQ, etc.) be in a specific format or can they be in any format so long as each instance is unique? I can test this myself of course but I am hoping you might know the answer offhand. Thanks
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Can be any format as long as they are unique.
DigitalGringo

Post by DigitalGringo »

cmapadmin wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:11 pm No, it does not. You need to import them through the menu item. You could generate a CXL file from the table instead of a table. Then it would be ready for CmapTools to read it if you place it in My Cmaps and launch CmapTools.
I'm unable to import Propositions as Text (Cmap Tools v6.04 on MacOs Ventura v13.5)
I finally found the menu item by right-clicking inside the Views window.* The only options I see available are "Cmap from CXL file..." and "Cmap from XTM/XCM file..." ** (See text and image below)

How can I import "Propositions as Text"?
I want to do so because, after exporting "Propositions as Text" from my existing Cmap, I needed to do some wholesale changes aided by ChatGPT and need to import those changes into a new Cmap to see if the logic still works with an entirely new realm of topic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-------
* It would be great to have an import option displayed in the File menu alongside the existing "Export Cmap As..." menu item
** Although sometimes I randomly get to see three other greyed out options "PS (Postscript) ...", "SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) ...", and "CXL File..." (yes, again). Plus, when these greyed-out options appear, an aditional "[space] t) ..." appears after the black/available "Cmap from CXL file..." option.

In case the image doesn't embed (preview here doesn't seem to be working for me, neither for images or even text style such as bolding), here's the link to the image in my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HhgcJ ... p=drive_fs
pattiflemin

Post by pattiflemin »

The key is taking the command line input and parsing it into a usable table structure in your code. Adjust the parsing based on your exact data format.
drift hunters
discoverthat

Post by discoverthat »

You must use the menu item to enter them. Alternatively, a table can be used to build a CXL file. A certain format is required for the unique IDs (1YWFHPDZM-1JRY4J2-BQ, etc.geometry dash lite) present in the CMAP-generated CXL file. Convert it to a table structure that can be used in your code.
adamusa

Post by adamusa »

I appreciate you sharing this blog. For individuals who are looking for pertinent information, this is a huge aid. mapquest directions
kalyl

Post by kalyl »

I will recommend it to my friends. This posts is very interesting, thanks for letting us know. geometry dash