MY cmap list won't be loaded

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
olibartel

MY cmap list won't be loaded

Post by olibartel »

Hello,
I updated recently to MAC OS 10.6 on MAcBookPro on 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 GB RAM. NEver had problems with cmap tools before. But now cmap starts and doesnt load my cmap-list, not even after 1 hours letting the program be on "load" in the window "my cmaps".
AFter re-installing remains the same problem. My cmaps are not found, the window stays empty.
My cmaps are located in another place than indicated on first installing cmap-tools; until know never any problems. By loading cmap-tools, I neither can enter the preferences to change eventually the path to the cmaps.
Opening cmaps form the place where they are stored, they open without problems, but links between the cmaps don't work neither.
I re-installed again, after deleting any parts of cmap-tools and cmaps manually and letting run the common installing-routine. Same problem remains.
What to do?
olibartel

Re: MY cmap list won't be loaded

Post by olibartel »

After looking for solutions, here how it worked at least:
I installed version 4.18, there the paths to "my cmaps" worked correctly and I changed to where my cmaps are stored. Afterwards I updated to 5.03 and surprisingly everything okay! It works perfectly as I am used to it.
:D
terry-beck

Post by terry-beck »

I am having the same problem. I used to use Cmap Tools a lot, but now that I am trying to use it on a new computer (with Windows 7), the program is stuck in the "Loading" mode and can never get beyond that. I uninstalled and when re-installing, I made sure it had the right path to the "My Cmaptools" folder. However, that did nothing. It is again stuck in the "Loading" mode.
I'm using version 5.03, Windows 7 Home Premium, with 3 GB of RAM. The problem occurs even when no other programs are running on the computer.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Can you please attach a copy of the cmaptools logs file? Its located within the CmapToolsLogs folder/directory in your home folder.

Launch CmapTools, close it, and attach the cmaptools0.log file.

Use the "Upload attachment" jut below the window to post the message.

This will help us e determine what the problem is.
terry-beck

Re: MY cmap list won't load

Post by terry-beck »

Thanks for the response. I'm attaching a log file (there seem to be 2 generated on January 22nd--this is the 2nd).
Terry
Whoops--I got a response that "The extension log is not allowed" I'm going to try to paste the contents here. Well, no--it's too long. I've dumped the contents into another notepad file (so it has a different title and location than the one in the Log folder) Hmm . . . that doesn't work either: "The extension txt is not allowed" I'm told. I'll dump it into a Word file. Now I'm told "The extension doc is not allowed."

I'm at a loss. How can I attach the log if none of these file types are allowed? Here's an attempt to paste the contents of the log file: No--that won't work either: I'm told "Your message contains 78583 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000." I can paste it if you tell me which part of the log to delete.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Hi,

We've fixed the settings on attachments. You should be able to post the cmaptools.log files as attachments now.
terry-beck

Post by terry-beck »

Thanks. Here's the log file.
Terry
Attachments
cmaptoolslog.txt
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
acanas

Post by acanas »

Terry,

Thanks for the log file. For some reason CmapTools is not able to create the MyCmaps folder under C:\Users\Terry\Documents\My Cmaps.

Let me confirm that this is a new installation and so you don't have any Cmaps created already. Is this correct?

Can you check whether the "My Cmaps" folder exists in the path above?

If exists, can you please rename it and run CmapTools again and let us know what happens?

If it doesn't exist, can you try to create it manually in the Explorer and let us know if you were able to do it or you have permissions problems? If you were able to create it, can you run CmapTools again and let us know what happens?

Thanks,

Alberto
terry-beck

Post by terry-beck »

Hi Alberto~
Thanks for your prompt and thoughtful help. I'm not sure if this is a new installation on this computer or not--I've had the computer (an HP Pavillion) for about 18 months, during which I didn't use Cmap Tools (although it seems like I loaded all my favorite programs on it when I got it). For the first 16 months its OS was Vista Home Premium: a huge headache. A month ago I switched to Windows 7 and just recently wanted to start using Cmap Tools again. I couldn't find it on the computer, so I tried to re-install. I did have a folder in My Documents called "My Cmap Tools."
After reading your last post, I renamed that folder and tried to install again, but again, it's stalling out in "Loading. I'm attaching the most recent Log.
Terry

P.S. I also recently installed Ubuntu, thinking I could use Linux Cmap Tools, but I'm having problem with that too. Ubuntu says it needs to know what application to use to open the installation file, and I don't know what to tell it. However, if I can get the Windows version going, I probably won't need the Linux version.
Attachments
cmaptools0.log
(61.36 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
acanas

Post by acanas »

Thanks,

After you ran CmapTools, was the folder created? If not, can you try creating the folder "by hand", outside of CmapTools?
You should call it "My Cmaps" and it should go under "C:\Users\Terry\Documents\". Let me know if you were not able to create the folder (permissions problems?) and, overall, what happens (attach a log if possible). We really appreciate your help in finding out what is going on. We have had a lot of problems with permissions with Vista, but most went away with Windows 7.