Cmap Tools on MAC won't retain user details

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
kenmacleod

Cmap Tools on MAC won't retain user details

Post by kenmacleod »

I am experiencing a really annoying problem that cmap tools asks me to register my details every time I start the program. How do I make it retain my info?

I am using Cmap Tools 5.03, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac Pro 8GB RAM.
The popup that i get every time I start the program is as below

bbmorales

Re: Cmap Tools on MAC won't retain user details

Post by bbmorales »

Hi.

I know you probably already did it, but I ask you anyway: did you tried to uninstall and re-install CmapTools?

I ask because it happened to me when Ifirst installed it on Windows XP.
Just uninstalled and reinstalled and everything went fine.

Good luck.
Sam

Re: Cmap Tools on MAC won't retain user details

Post by Sam »

I encountered the same problem. Reinstalled for a number of times. I suspected it was a permission problem so i specified the profile location to somewhere that i am sure i everybody can read and amend. Still keep on asking me again and again. And i suspected if the option of "remember the user session" asked in the install process is kind of inverted. So i tried to install with remember the session and forget the session and still both yield no solution. Really dont know wt happened and annoyed...