Instructions to use CmapTools as 'localapp' on Ubuntu Jaunty

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

Instructions to use CmapTools as 'localapp' on Ubuntu Jaunty

Post by dgroos »

Hi All,

For those of you who want to use cmaptools on thin clients you will perhaps encounter the same problem I had--that CmapTools required too much server cpu resources and even on a 2, dual core server, all 4 processors would get pegged to 100% with just 3 or 4 clients using cmaptools. Therefore, I went to the thin client approach called 'localapps' where some designated applications are run locally using the resources of the thin client. I've had this working successfully with PIII clients running at 933 MHz with 512 MB of RAM. Anyway, here's a link to the instructions to make this work. As usual, no guarentees--it worked for me but have no idea if it will work for others.
http://groosd.blogspot.com/2009/07/inst ... t-for.html
Best of Luck,

David