Search Function does not work with Concept's Hidden Info

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
mi6

Search Function does not work with Concept's Hidden Info

Post by mi6 »

Hello,

using CmapTools v.5.03 on WinXP.

this is about the "Add Info" dialog box which comes up by right clicking a concept and selecting "Add Info".

Under "Hidden Info", it says "text is not shown, but can be searched for". For me, this does not seem to be true: Whenever I hit CTRL+F (or start the search dialog) from within a concept map, any text which I had previously entered in the Hidden Info of a concept cannot be found.

I also saved the map, closed and re-opened it, still, no results.

Hidden Info was "test", and I tried searching for "test" and "tes*", no results.

I have not found a bug thread about this either.

Can anyone reproduce the problem?
acanas

Re: Search Function does not work with Concept's Hidden Info

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Hmmm. Could be that when we added that it could be searched for it refers to the "Search" tool, not the "Find". Have you tried "Searching" for the Cmap using the hidden strings?

Regards,

Alberto