Can not install CMap Tools 5.03 or 4.18 on Mac OS X Intel??

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
mackerrow

Can not install CMap Tools 5.03 or 4.18 on Mac OS X Intel??

Post by mackerrow »

I have been using CMapTools for years on the Mac with no problems. Now, for the past 6 months or more, I can no longer use CMapTools. :-( I have tried to uninstall and reinstall both 5.0.3 and 4.18. Here is what happens:

1) when I install 5.03, after deleting all libraries and files that have anything to do with IHMC or CmapTools, CMapTools starts up and then quits instantly. I have tried to install from a zip file and unzipping using normal unstuff methods, and command line. This made NO DIFFERENCE, same bug.

2) When I install the earlier version, then run it, it opens up, and gets into a continuous infinite loop with PowerUpdater, so bad that you can not stop the process from the Activity Monitor or control -alt-delete. You have to reboot your machine completely! I have a very solid version of Java 1.5 and 1.6 running, I am a Java developer and my Java setup seems to be fine.

What happened to CMapTools? I have almost given up completely and gone over to XMind, but I want to use CMapTools. Please help !

I am using Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a 2.93 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 8 GB of RAM.

Thanks

Ed