Cmap Tools 5.03 / MacOS X 10.6 : preferences not saved

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Peanut84

Cmap Tools 5.03 / MacOS X 10.6 : preferences not saved

Post by Peanut84 »

Hi everyone,

I searched the forum before posting this, but found nothing...

Whenever I change preferences in Cmap Tools, they won't be saved when I close Cmap Tools. When I start it again, everything comes back as it was before !

For example, if I change my Cmap path, it will remain to the one I wrote as long as Cmap is open. If I close it and start it again, the path is set to what it was before I changed it !

Anyone having this issue too ?

Thanks !

Info (translated from French) :
System version : Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
Core version : Darwin 10.2.0

Model name : MacBook Pro
Model ID : MacBookPro5,5
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor speed : 2,26 GHz
Number of processors : 1
Number of cores : 2
Level 2 cache : 3 Mo
Memory (RAM) : 2 Go
Bus speed : 1,07 GHz
Startup ROM version : MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system) : 1.47f2
acanas

Re: Cmap Tools 5.03 / MacOS X 10.6 : preferences not saved

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Java 1.6 changed some of the handling of XML and broke the saving of the profile file. OS X 10.6 automatically upgrades your java to 1.6., so if you upgraded to Snow Leopard you run into this problem. We are working on an installer that will determine which Java is running and will install the appropriate classes for different versions of OS X. (The Windows installer of CmapTools includes the Java install and therefore this problem does not show up unless you make changes so CmapTools uses another version of Java.)

Meanwhile, if you need to change one of the profile entries, you will need to edit the file manually:

Make sure CmapTools is not running. Starting at your Home Folder, go to Library : Preferences : CmapTools

With a text editor, edit the profile.xml file.

the property "server.rootfolder" 's string is used to determine the root folder of your My Cmaps.

Save the file.

We hope to have a fix soon.

Regards,

Alberto