Arrow heads not shown if pointing to certain directions

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ekantola

Arrow heads not shown if pointing to certain directions

Post by ekantola »

Hi,

There seems to be a problem in displaying the arrow heads. This screenshot tells best what I mean: http://public.futurice.com/~ekan/cmapto ... arrows.png. That one was created simply by creating a new Cmap, placing one box in the middle and then drawing lines from it.

Is this a common issue? Didn't find anything about this in the forums. The problem seems to be a pretty obvious one and easy to reproduce, which makes me wonder if it is specific to my setup only.

CmapTools 5.03, Mac OS X 10.6

Best,
-Eemeli
acanas

Re: Arrow heads not shown if pointing to certain directions

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Check the entry on "Add Arrowheads to Linking Lines" in the CmapTools help, also available at:

http://cmap.ihmc.us/Support/Help/

It explains how to change the style in the style palette so arrowheads are displayed for all connections. By default, they only show when the connection is pointing horizontal or up, and the proposition could be read incorrectly (reversed).

Regards,

Alberto
ekantola

Post by ekantola »

Ok, thanks! I didn't realize that one.

Anyway, should this be set so that the arrows are always be shown to protect the newbies? :)

-Eemeli
acanas

Post by acanas »

Concept maps are, by default, read from top to bottom, and so there should be no ambiguity. Whether to use arrowheads always or only when the proposition is read upwards is a matter of style and personal taste.

Regards,

Alberto