Installer for 64-bit CMapTools fails for 64-bit Windows 7

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dcuthbertson

Installer for 64-bit CMapTools fails for 64-bit Windows 7

Post by dcuthbertson »

Hi,
I recently tried to install from Winx64CmapTools_v5.03_04-07-09.exe on Windows 7, both as a user and as the administrator. Each time an InstallAnywhere dialog box popped up stating "Please select another location to extract the installer to:". The only buttons visible are "Choose..." and "Cancel". When I click on "Choose..." and select a directory there is no change in the dialog and no display of the directory path I chose. There is no "OK" button, so the only thing I can do is select cancel.

Since the 64-bit version of CMapTools failed to install, I tried the 32-bit version (WinCmapTools_v5.03_04-07-09.exe). It immediately extracted files and there was no problem with the rest of the installation. I chose the "typical" installation and CMapTools installed to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\IHMC CmapTools". It appears to be running okay (though I haven't tested it much), so I have a work around.

My computer is running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on a Core i5 processor with 8GB of RAM.

Regards,
Douglas Cuthbertson
marroyo

Re: Installer for 64-bit CMapTools fails for 64-bit Windows 7

Post by marroyo »

Hi Douglas,

Sometimes after downloading the CmapTools installer for your platform, it's possible to have the installer popup saying "Incorrect magic number" or start correctly, but when asked where to place CmapTools, the installer will keep prompting you to "Please select another location to extract the installer to". The problem in both cases is that the download is infact corrupt and the installer is not able to continue, but instead of correctly realizing that the internal archive of CmapTools is corrupt, the installer just thinks you are selecting bad locations to extract to and giving you a somewhat cryptic message. In these cases the fix is to redownload the installer and make sure that it's size matches the size specified here:

Archivo: Winx64CmapTools_v5.03_04-07-09.exe

Size: 63.5 MB (66,610,786 bytes)
Size on Disk: 63.5 MB (66,613,248 bytes)

Marroyo
lidiaguerra@gmail.com

Post by lidiaguerra@gmail.com »

Hi, I'm having a problem installing: IHMC CmapTools v5.03 for Windows 64Bits, in Windows 7 the error says the application is not valid and close all installer windows.
Someone knows about this issue?
help!!!
acanas

Post by acanas »

Try downloading it again. Could be the downloaded file is corrupt.