Instal. prob. with CmapToolv5.03 & CmapLite on Vista

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
nauj2001

Instal. prob. with CmapToolv5.03 & CmapLite on Vista

Post by nauj2001 »

I reinstalled CmapTool after formating my laptop (and making all updates, including for java version) but Cmap tool would not work. It said the installation was done but that some errors occured and told me to go see the log (which is like chinese for me). I need to create many conceptmap each weaks for Uni and let me tell you other softwares I tried are so painfull to use. I realy hope someone can help me with making Cmap work again on my computer.

The "symptoms" I can see when I execute the program, is that the program gets stuck on the first window, where it loads indefinitely the "Cmaps in computer". There are those two arrows circling & the options in "File" as creating a new Cmap is in gray (not available) while other options (as open) are in black but wont work...no reaction.

I've got no error messages when I tried to install the lite version but got one telling me to go see the log when the v5.3 was installed with errors. Here is the log:

Tue Jan 12 16:03:07 EST 2010

Free Memory: 51246 kB
Total Memory: 65152 kB

java.class.path:
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jdglue.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData\Resource1.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\InstallerData\Resource1.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\InstallerData

ZGUtil.CLASS_PATH:
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jdglue.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\InstallerData

sun.boot.class.path:
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\rt.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\i18n.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\jsse.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\jce.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\charsets.jar
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\classes

java.ext.dirs:
C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre\lib\ext

java.version == 1.5.0_17 (Java 2+)
java.vm.name == Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.version == 1.5.0_17-b04
java.vm.specification.name == Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.specification.version == 1.0
java.specification.name == Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.specification.version == 1.5
java.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vendor.url == http://java.sun.com/
java.class.version == 49.0
java.compiler == null
java.home == C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows\resource\jre
java.io.tmpdir == C:\Users\JEAN-M~1\AppData\Local\Temp\
os.name == Windows Vista
os.arch == x86
os.version == 6.0
path.separator == ;
file.separator == \
file.encoding == Cp1252
user.name == Jean-Michel
user.home == C:\Users\Jean-Michel
user.dir == C:\Users\Jean-Michel\AppData\Local\Temp\I1263330104\Windows
user.language == fr
user.region == null

Install Begin: Tue Jan 12 16:02:16 EST 2010
Install End: Tue Jan 12 16:02:30 EST 2010

Installed by InstallAnywhere 8.0.1 Enterprise Build 3081, by Macrovision

User Interactions
-----------------

#Choose Install Folder
#---------------------
USER_INSTALL_DIR=C:\\Program Files\\IHMC CmapTools

#Choose Shortcut Folder
#----------------------
USER_SHORTCUTS=C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\IHMC CmapTools

Summary
-------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

571 Successes
0 Warnings
1 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Execute Uninstaller: $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$UninstallerData
Additional Notes: ERROR - No uninstaller existed in the directory

Install Action: InstallAnywhere Variables

Install Action: InstallAnywhere Variables

Install Action: InstallAnywhere Variable

Check Disk Space: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools
Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space: 127 697 868; Free Disk Space: 130 442 049 536

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\jre

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Install Uninstaller: IHMC CmapTools v5.03 (Install All Uninstaller Components)

MakeExecutable : resource jar is empty

Install File: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\Uninstall CmapTools.exe

Install File: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\Uninstall CmapTools.lax

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\resource\

Install File: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\resource\iawin32.dll

Install File: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\resource\remove.exe

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IHMC CmapTools v5.03
Value Name: DisplayName
Value Data: IHMC CmapTools v5.03

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IHMC CmapTools v5.03
Value Name: UninstallString
Value Data: "C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\UninstallerData\Uninstall CmapTools.exe"

Value Name: Publisher
Value Data: Institute for Human & Machine Cognition

Value Name: URLInfoAbout
Value Data: http://www.ihmc.us

Value Name: URLUpdateInfo
Value Data: http://cmap.ihmc.us

Value Name: Contact
Value Data: cmapsupport@ihmc.us

Value Name: ProductID
Value Data: dda6c534-1ec1-11b2-be59-eb78986748b5

Value Name: InstallLocation
Value Data: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools

Value Name: InstallDate
Value Data: Tue Jan 12 16:02:26 EST 2010

Value Name: HelpLink
Value Data: cmapsupport@ihmc.us

Value Name: DisplayVersion
Value Data: 5.0.0.3

Value Name: Comments
Value Data: The CmapTools program empowers users to construct, navigate, share and criticize knowledge models represented as concept maps. It allows users to, among many other features, construct their Cmaps in their personal computer, share them on servers (CmapServers) anywhere on the Internet, link their Cmaps to other Cmaps on servers, automatically create web pages of their concept maps on servers, edit their maps synchronously (at the same time) with other users on the Internet, and search the web for information relevant to a concept map.

Install Uninstaller: ....etc Log is to long to post entirely : hope usefull info is posted!
acanas

Re: Instal. prob. with CmapToolv5.03 & CmapLite on Vista

Post by acanas »

Hi,

CmapTools seems to have installed properly. What you are getting seems more like an runtime problem when CmapTools is running. What we would need is for you to include the runtime log as an attachment (you don't have to copy it to the message), the log file that is generated by CmapTools, not by the installer. IHMC CmapTools log files are stored on a folder titled " CmapToolsLogs " under the user's home directory.

The problem could be due to several reasons that you could meanwhile check, including:

(a) firewall settings which may be blocking a port going out and so the program is spinning trying to access the CmapServers (is Vista complaining about accessing ports?)

(b) a corrupted Cmap (do you have Cmaps you have created previously? Is so, try renaming the MyCmaps folder and running the program again).

But definitely the log would help us determine what the problem is.

Also, make sure you are using the Java that is included with CmapTools and not the one that you installed separately. There are problems running CmapTools with Java 1.6 in Vista, and one of them is menu entries that show in black.