problem changing permissions

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
culbaustin

problem changing permissions

Post by culbaustin »

I am using CMap version 4.18 with windows xp 2005 service pack 3. I have created some folders on the IHMC public folders (3) users server. I am trying to change permissions on the folders. However, when I enter my user id and password, I get an error message stating that I don't have permission to access the resource.
I verified I was using the correct password by using the 'retrieve forgotten password' function. Any ideas?
The folders for which I am trying to change permissions are in the SCI 613 folder.
Thanks.
acanas

Re: problem changing permissions

Post by acanas »

First, we recommend that you upgrade to v5.03. There could be some issues with permissions in previous releases that have been fixed.

The Userid baustin shows as Administrator for that folder. With the approrpiate password you should be able to change permissions on it. If you had to request the password be sent through email it means you didn't have the correct password to begin with. Write me a direct email (not a post to this forum) and I'll help you out.