CMap default location (Mac OS X)

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
George

CMap default location (Mac OS X)

Post by George »

Hi there,

Instead of having my CMaps at the default location, I have put them into the Dropbox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg1NDUwNzk) so that I can share them with my other computer, which is a laptop when going to work. However, every time that I start up CMap Tools, I am asked to register user id, etc., which is not really convenient. Why does it not take the preferences from the new location, which actually is the same location in either computer?

Cheers,
George
:?
acanas

Re: CMap default location (Mac OS X)

Post by acanas »

This is a problem with saving the profile under the new java vm that comes with Snow Leopard. There is a problem with the XML file being saved. The next release of the software will fix this problem. If you search for "Leopard" on this forum you'll find several discussions on this topic. For now, you can edit the file manually as explained in this entry:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=188&p=452&hilit=snow+leopard#p452

Hope this helps while the new release comes out.
acanas

CmapTools v5.04 Beta 6 solves problem with profile in Snow L

Post by acanas »

A new CmapTools v5.04 Beta 6 solves the problem with updating the profile under OS X Snow Leopard. Its available at:

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/