Creating default line styles

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

Creating default line styles

Post by dgroos »

Yes, students can, 'select connections' under the edit menu, select, 'Show styles palette' under the Window menu, click on, 'Line' on the styles palette, and click on the "Draw arrowheads if the connections end at a concept" button and they will always have the visual, directional reminder show for that particular concept map.

However, I'm all for reducing the cognitive load on students in any area as possible so they can think less about the tool and more about the concepts--kind of the Apple approach. I REALLY wish there were some way to set a default at the server level OR, at least have it so that each client, at the start of the year, could set up their installation such that they would always have a 'style' they could always select that would have this line/arrowhead option by default. On several occasions I've tried to use styles but I've not been able to get this option working the way I want it.

Thanks,
David