How to import a text file?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

How to import a text file?

Post by cmapadmin »

Sent from: gkeshet
To: cmapadmin

Hi,
How can I import a list into cmap tools. I tried to import my list in a txt file without success.
Secondly, how do I keep the files with the html that i send others?

thank you very much,

gilmor
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: How to import a text file?

Post by cmapadmin »

@gkeshet:

In order to know the format of the Text file to be imported, I would suggest you to create a concept map, then export it as "Propositions as Text..." (File/Export Cmap As...).

Per line file will will contain:

concept [TAB] linking phrase [TAB] concept [RETURN]

For example:
Plants [TAB] have [TAB] Roots [RETURN]
Plants [TAB] have [TAB] Leaves [RETURN]
Sunlight [TAB] helps [TAB] Plants [RETURN]

> Secondly, how do I keep the files with the html that i send others?

By default the concept maps are stored under "My Documents/My Cmaps". The concept map files extension is ".cmap". So, you can attach the ".cmap" files to your messages.

The other option is to export the concept maps as CXL files, then attach the CXL files to the messages, and finally import back the CXL files. The CXL files also handles resources attached to concept maps.

CmapSupport