cannot save maps

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
tonvanrheenen

cannot save maps

Post by tonvanrheenen »

Hi, I am using Cmaps for a few years now and am very pleased with it
I am in the process of installing it on my new machine: Lifebook T4410 64 bit, 4 Gb of Ram, running under Windows 7. Running as a standalone machine
CmapTools ( 64 bit) installs without any warnings. But afterwards it showed the problem as noted in the Known issues of 13 of may: spinning cursor.
I cannot find a directory My Cmaps anywhere, so I made one. No result. Starting an old Cmap form the directory 'old My Cmaps' works OK but I cannot save the map "unexpected server error"
After being asked by Windows 7 I allowed Java RTE to perform actions by permitting it to operate in a private network surrounding.
No effect. Uninstalled and reinstalled CMapTools. No visible changes. Cleaned the registry with some tool, installed the 32 bit version. No effect

So I am stuck :cry:

Please help: I love the program, have a lot of models I cannot seriusly work with anymore.

Ton
acanas

Re: cannot save maps

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Could you attach the log file, cmaptools0.log. Should be under the CmapToolsLogs directory in your Home directory. That would helps us find out what the problem is.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Got your log... we're looking at it.
tonvanrheenen

Post by tonvanrheenen »

Something new on my question?
acanas

Post by acanas »

The problem is that the directory for My Cmaps that you had specified is not accessible to the program. Could be it was in a USB stick, or in a drive that is not available. The program tries to create it again, but since the drive is not available, it fails. We just fixed CmapTools so it will report an error, and the fix will be in the next release. The next Beta version we put out will have the fix.

For now, you can go into your profile.xml file with a text editor and change the entry for "server.rootfolder". If you leave it blank, CmapTools will try to create the My Cmaps folder under the My Documents folder. If you know where the My Cmaps folder is, place the path to it.

The profile.xml file is under the CmapTools folder under the AppData folder in your home directory, most likely under the Roaming directory under AppData, but could be under Local.
tonvanrheenen

Post by tonvanrheenen »

Thanks for the help. It works!
:D