Default Directory Problem

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
gvita

Default Directory Problem

Post by gvita »

When I changed the default directory in which to open cmaps charts (changed in the profile xml file) to be the root directory of a shared network drive, cmap hung on my desktop, but it populated every directory and sub-directory on that shared drive with a project.idx file (many thousands of them). Application would not work until I changed the directory in the xml back to a lower level directory. Cmaps is installed on a Windows XP, SP 3 workstation.
acanas

Re: Default Directory Problem

Post by acanas »

First, the Preferences window (Edit -- Preferences in the Views Window) has an option to change the root folder. Modifying the XML is not the proper way to change the default directory.

CmapTools assumes the directory specified for My Cmaps is used only by CmapTools. The project.idx files contain Resource IDs for the Cmaps, images, videos, and other resources used for linking. So a project.idx file will be created under every directory under My Cmaps to keep track of these, and it will index all files found in those directories.

We don't recommend that you use as the root folder for My Cmaps a directory that has files that are not meant to be used within CmapTools.