Old XCM documentation

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jcase

Old XCM documentation

Post by jcase »

Is the XCM format doumentation still available? Also, are you planning to to support the XCM format in the future, or is it being replaced completely with the CXL format? I use a custom program that generates large CMaps from an excel spreadsheet, and the CXL import bug (posted previously by me) is really becoming a time-consuming nuisance. I could easily modify the program to produce an XCM formatted file, which seems to not have the bug. The format looks simple enough, but having documentation for it would simplify the task significantly.

Thanks,
Jason
acanas

Re: Old XCM documentation

Post by acanas »

Jason,

XCM is not updated any more so we won't continue to "support" it. We are using CXL extensively and so continue to update it. For some reason, the bug you reported fell through the cracks and was not in our bug list, I apologize. We'll fix it.