disallowing stopping a cmap recording BUT allowing playback

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

disallowing stopping a cmap recording BUT allowing playback

Post by dgroos »

As a teacher, I really like recording cmaps required so that it can't be turned on or off which requires a setting that users can't interact with the recording controls. This is a problem as I want students to be able to play the recordings and find out who was messing with the collaborative sessions cmap. This accountability would increase cooperation and trust. However, if I allow users to interact with the controls they can also turn them off thus semi-defeating the accountability. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
David G
acanas

Re: disallowing stopping a cmap recording BUT allowing playback

Post by acanas »

David,

Good point. As it is stands, I believe once you allow for playback you also allow for stopping the recording. Let me check this out.

Regards,