File Corrupt

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
YuriC

File Corrupt

Post by YuriC »

Well I've got an issue

http://yuri.ng-gaming.net/gul/

is where the files are located at

I can't open the file for some odd reason the screenshot shows the error message

Hopping to get help,
YuriC
ghill47

Re: File Corrupt

Post by ghill47 »

Your Cmap file called "prévention sic 7.cmap" contains nothing but null bytes ... 17,988 null bytes. What I am viewing at the URL ttp://yuri.ng-gaming.net/gul/ is a "copy" of the file that you have in your My Cmaps, correct? I am guessing that you uploaded prévention sic 7.cmap from your My Cmaps folder to your website in order to make it available at the directory referenced by your URL http://yuri.ng-gaming.net/gul/

Can you please verify that the size on disk of the real prévention sic 7.cmap in your My Cmaps folder? Also, if you know how to open a file in a "binary editor" or if you are familiar with the "od" command in Linux or OSX, it would be great if you could actually display the contents of the original prévention sic 7.cmap and verify that it contains all null bytes.

In the past, I have seen (not very many) Cmaps that are "broken" because only the first portion of the Cmap was successfully written to disk (and maybe then the machine would crash or something like that). But I have never seen a Cmap on disk that contained nothing but thousands of null bytes. For that reason, I am asking you to investigate that "prévention sic 7.cmap" in your My Cmaps does indeed contain only null bytes.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Greg
Greg Hill -- IHMC -- CmapTools Group