Shortcutlist; Navigation in a complex Map; ContainerBox

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
SiMap

Shortcutlist; Navigation in a complex Map; ContainerBox

Post by SiMap »

Hi,
i tried to google my questions first...no success
my Version 6.01.01

i try to creat a complex cMap to put in everything from the class to prepare for exams :geek: (about how to create a lesson in school, methods, didactic elements...tons of informations). i know what a concept map is, but still i dont follow the rules 100%... :?

1) Shortcuts are so usefull, but is there a List of Shortcuts somewhere? Best if i could costume some functions! (eg. zoom in/out with "+" "-")

2) It is too complex to orientate in it and zooming in and out is very annoying. :( Please add "strg"+ mouswheel for zoom. Or IS there already an easier way?
EDIT: Ok, i split it in 10 smaller cmaps and linked them, but all in one i would prefere... as a "super dynamic focus question" :D

3) in word i use 3 leves of Headlines and this are my Labels. when i add detailed informations from word to the concepts i do it with comments. It would be so helpfull hide/lock the comments in the containerbox,too!

4) when i move a whole strukture including containers it is no problem, but when i open the moved container, its content pops up at the position it was before i moved it

5) when i add a .jpg to a concept it works, but once i opend it i cant close it anymore. the "x" on the right upper corner to close it doesnt react. EDIT: the complete programm crushed...

6) When i copy+ paste a concept it apears randomly in the map

Did someone discover a solution for my problems?

greetings
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Shortcutlist; Navigation in a complex Map; ContainerBox

Post by cmapadmin »

Many questions, so we'll try to address them one by one.

1) Seems like the list of shortcuts that was in the FAQ got lost. We'll restore it. Thanks for pointing it out.

2) CmapTools was not designed to manage huge maps. Sorry, that's just the way it was designed. On adding mousewheel for zoom: its in our list, but we can only go as far as our funding allows in terms of adding new features. We depend on research grants, donations (which we get very few) and click on ads. Research grants are usually aimed at particular research projects and so we are limited to implement whatever the grants specifies.

3) You mean comments in the concepts themselves? ... Nope, sorry, that's not happening. This is a concept mapping tool, and concept maps don't have comments in the concepts.

4) What do you mean by "containers"? A nested node? If it is, the functionality you describe is the way its supposed to work. You move the closed node anywhere, but it opens into the same location.

5) Can you provide an example? This shouldn't happen. Did you add the jpg as a linked resources or as a background. If you have the Cmap in a CmapServer, send us a link to it so we can look at it.

6) Yes, we agree, it should paste where the cursor is. Its in our list of bugs.

Thanks for the feedback.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Shortcutlist; Navigation in a complex Map; ContainerBox

Post by cmapadmin »

We've added the list of available shortcuts to the FAQ page:

http://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmaptools-faqs