Broken links

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
fabiola

Broken links

Post by fabiola »

Hi,

...quick questions about broken links!

A friend of mine has made a beautiful map that contains a link to 1 smaller map, which - in turn - contains links to 2 audio files.
All material are organized in a folder that looks like this:

[ROOT FOLDER]
- bigger map
[[Subfolder:]]
- smaller map
- audio file 1
- audio file 2

Now, they wanted me to see the map so they sent me the whole self-consistent "package" in .zip format.
I unzipped it and dragged it in the "Views" window, without any editing or modification.
I can see the map, but all links are broken.

Still - the paths to the resources are the same that appear on my friend's device:
Locale // Name of the root folder / Name of the subfolder

The Check and Fix Links feature hasn't improved the situation...
Can someone offer any advice here?

Thanks very much in advance!
Fabiola
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Broken links

Post by cmapadmin »

Since there are subfolders, the option to fix links will only looks within the folder of the map. Go into the properties of the root folder and set it as the Home of a Knowledge Model. Now the program knows that all the resources in the folder belong to the same Knowledge Model. Now run Validate and Fix Links.

The best way to share a knowledge model is to copy the root folder to a CmapServer, e.g. the Cmap Cloud would work. If the copy is made as a single drag-and-drop, all the links are preserved. Then in the Cmap Cloud (http://cmapcloud.ihmc.us) they can share the folder with you, and you can access it in the Cmap Cloud tab in the Views in CmapTools.
fabiola

Re: Broken links

Post by fabiola »

Fantastic - it works! Thank you very much!