2 Import function : proposal in text format... plan of the Cmap...

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
maelcamb

2 Import function : proposal in text format... plan of the Cmap...

Post by maelcamb »

Hi

I'm working on Cmaptools version 6.03

Is there complet information somewhere about the 2 import function of .txt files :
Import _ proposal in text format...
_plan of the Cmap...

I'm looking for a way to create automatiquely an organigramme base on a text file (created by an Excel file which contain the hierarchy of each "concept", and the text needed in each "concept")

Best regards
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: 2 Import function : proposal in text format... plan of the Cmap...

Post by cmapadmin »

The "proposition as text format" is simple. One proposition per line in a text file, with tabs between concept and linking-phrase. That is:'

concept1 <tab> linking-phrase1 <tab> concept 2

To get an understanding of the outline import, I always recommend that you export one of your Cmaps as outline. That will give you a good idea of how it works.
bertold

Re: 2 Import function : proposal in text format... plan of the Cmap...

Post by bertold »

The information of cmapadmin on 12-21-2018 is not correct:
Cmap exports not with tabs between concepts and linking phrases, but with 4 spaces each.
Inspiration exports with tabs, which cannot be read by Cmap.
On the other hand, each paragraph (text in several lines) within a concept generates a new concept.
All colours and frames go lost.
Therefore it seems to be easier to reconstruct the whole map than to import it.
I would be glad to get a better import tool for inspiration maps!!