Bug in copy/pasting a concept in 125%--500% modes

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
AP

Bug in copy/pasting a concept in 125%--500% modes

Post by AP »

1. create a blank concept map
1.5 open the Navigator window
2. from the menu bar select a "125%"
2. insert a first concept and write a "hello"-text to it
3. using mouse drag the "hello"-concept to bottom right corner, so that concept map in Navigator gets automatically bigger
4. notice the Navigator window where the actual concept map is now shown as a rectangle, the rectangle has a one concept, the "hello"-concept
5. using the concept map windows, select the "hello"-concept and make a copy of it (pop-up menu>Copy)
6. paste the copy from clipboard to concept map window (pop-up menu>Paste)
7. notice Navigator-window, notice that the copy of "hello" gets pasted out of the rectangle
8. notice the concept map window, there is only "hello"-concept, notice that the copy of "hello" was pasted outside the concept map window

7. I am expecting that the copy of "hello" is pasted near the "hello" concept, I am expecting that the "hello"-concept and copy of "hello"-concept are both visible side-by-side at the concept map window

THE problem gets more worse in 200% and 500% modes, the copy gets pasted outside of the concept map window. When I have composed a big concept map and copy/paste object in 200% mode, I can't find the pasted copy anymore, I don't know where the copy was pasted!

CmapTools 6.03, Windows 10 Home, 2 years old cheap laptop

Anyways, a great software, I use it a lot.

Thanks
AP
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Bug in copy/pasting a concept in 125%--500% modes

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, there should be more control by the user on where the paste is done. Thanks for reporting this.