Cmaps not loading

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
gcarroll

Cmaps not loading

Post by gcarroll »

I have been using cmaps for years and had had little to no issue. I am running a OSX 11.0 Beta and it had been working fine. I recently updated Java and that is when the issue seems to have started. I have tried uninstalling java and reinstalling but I am still getting the same crash when I attempt to load cmaps. I get the splash screen but can't get beyond that.
Any thoughts?
thanks
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Cmaps not loading

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

Which version of CmapTools are you using? CmapTools comes with its own version of Java, so it doesn't use the Java you installed.

We recommend that you download and install the latest version from https://cmap.ihmc.us. That may fix the issue.
gcarroll

Post by gcarroll »

I am using the latest version of cmaps 6.04. I know that cmaps comes with its own java. However the only thing on my system that has changed since cmaps stopped working is an install of the latest java. uninstalling java doesn't change the status of cmaps.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

OK. Can you be more specific on what is happening? E.g. does it crash when you double-click on a Cmap to open it? Does it ever display the Views window? Also, after the crash, can you send us the latest log file to cmapsupport (@) ihmc.us. This link explains where logs are located:

https://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmaptools-faqs#1-2

Reinstalling CmapTools may help as it could be that for some reason it is trying to use the Java you installed, but is very unlikely.
gcarroll

Post by gcarroll »

When I double click to open the program I get the splash screen for cMaps and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling cMaps, I also tried after deleting java but the same result, I can't get past the splash screen. the error message from the logfile is

--------- CMap Tools: Logging started on Thu Oct 22 08:52:55 EDT 2020 --------

CoreStarter: Initializing the Core.
***>>I18N Warning: The language has not been loaded.
I18NHelper :: setLocale ( )
>>----Language Information-----<<

_currentLanguage:
_currentRegion:
_currentLocale:
_systemLanguage: en
_systemRegion:
--------------------------------------------------
url == jar:file:/Applications/IHMC%20CmapTools/classes/core.jar!/core/util/splash.jpg
IHMC Cmap Tools Version 6.04
Arguments:
[0] modules.xml
This system has the following properties:
java.vendor: Oracle Corporation
sun.java.launcher: SUN_STANDARD
sun.management.compiler: HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
os.name: Mac OS X
sun.boot.class.path: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/resources.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/rt.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/jce.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/classes
java.vm.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
lax.product.version:
java.runtime.version: 1.7.0_60-b19
lax.copyright:
user.name: gcarroll
lax.stderr.redirect:
user.language: en
sun.boot.library.path: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib
java.version: 1.7.0_60
user.timezone: America/New_York
sun.arch.data.model: 64
java.endorsed.dirs: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/endorsed
sun.cpu.isalist:
sun.jnu.encoding: UTF-8
file.encoding.pkg: sun.io
file.separator: /
java.specification.name: Java Platform API Specification
java.class.version: 51.0
lax.root.install.dir: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools
user.country: US
java.home: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre
ia.use.java7.launcher: true
java.vm.info: mixed mode
os.version: 10.16
lax.main.class: core.util.CoreStarter
sun.font.fontmanager: sun.font.CFontManager
path.separator: :
java.vm.version: 24.60-b09
lax.company.name:
lax.file.description:
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons: true
java.awt.printerjob: sun.lwawt.macosx.CPrinterJob
sun.io.unicode.encoding: UnicodeBig
lax.main.method: main
awt.toolkit: sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit
checkForMultipleAppInstances: true
user.home: /Users/gcarroll
java.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
com.apple.mrj.application.growbox.intrudes: true
apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar: true
java.library.path: .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:"/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin":../lib:"/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib":"/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/Resources/Java":"/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/MacOS":"/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/Resources"
java.vendor.url: http://java.oracle.com/
java.vm.vendor: Oracle Corporation
gopherProxySet: false
java.runtime.name: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
sun.java.command: com.zerog.lax.LAX "/var/folders/zn/g1bbfxhn4bngtb16hnd1r55c0000gr/T/app.properties"
java.class.path: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/core.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/nlk.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/slp.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/activation.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/JimiProClasses.zip:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/mail.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/symantec.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/jniregistry.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/socks.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/AppleStubs.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/wsServer-client.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/xercesImpl.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/xml-apis.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/tm-extractors-0.4.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/concurrent.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/wordnetClient.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/winlaf-0.5.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/poi-scratchpad-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/poi-contrib-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-digester.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-collections.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-beanutils.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-beanutils-core.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-beanutils-bean-collections.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/PDFBox-0.7.3-dev.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/FontBox-0.1.0-dev.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/log4j-1.2.12.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/jmyspell-1.0.0-beta1.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/ldapbp.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-logging.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/mscrypto.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/wstx-asl-2.9.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/stax-api-1.0.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/axiom-impl.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/axiom-api.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/lucene-core-2.4-dev.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/openide-lookup-1.9-patched-1.0.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/jdom-1.0.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/jas-plotter-2.2.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-io-2.2.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/commons-codec-1.6.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-io-2.2.2.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-swf-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-svg-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-ps-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-pdf-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-java-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-emf-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsio-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphicsbase-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/freehep-graphics2d-2.3.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/../../classes/java-json.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lax.jar:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/Resources/Java/linking.zip
lax.product.name:
lax.command.line.args: modules.xml
java.vm.specification.name: Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.version: 1.7
sun.cpu.endian: little
sun.os.patch.level: unknown
java.io.tmpdir: /var/folders/zn/g1bbfxhn4bngtb16hnd1r55c0000gr/T/
java.vendor.url.bug: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
java.tmp.ia.path:
lax.stdin.redirect:
os.arch: x86_64
java.awt.graphicsenv: sun.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment
lax.stdout.redirect:
java.ext.dirs: /Users/gcarroll/Library/Java/Extensions:/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/jre/lib/ext:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
user.dir: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin
lax.jre.path:
line.separator:

java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort: true
file.encoding: UTF-8
lax.version: 19.0
java.specification.version: 1.7

CoreStarter Main()
CoreStarter::loadModuleFile: xmlFile == modules.xml
CMapSettings::<init>: Startup Dir: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin
CMapSettings::<init>: Path to config file: /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/cmaptools.cfg
osName = Mac OS X
osNameSub = Mac
_iOSType = 4
CMapSettings::<init>: Will not attempt to delete the user's profile or the passwords file.
CMapSettings::loadXmlProfile: _cmsHelper == nlk.util.CMapSettingsHelper@374c991a
CMapSettings::loadXmlProfile: _cmsHelper.getWorkingDirectory() == /Users/gcarroll/Library/Preferences/CmapTools
CMapSettings::loadXmlProfile: Apparently the profile exists.
CMapSettings::loadXmlProfile: returning.
CMapSettings::updateTransientValueOfRootFolder: The string for key server.rootfolder is /Users/gcarroll/My Cmaps
CMapSettings::updateTransientValueOfRootFolder: We have changed it to /Users/gcarroll/My Cmaps
CMapSettings::<init>: After calling remove, get (root.folder.password) returned null
LocaleList::load: loading Locale list from '/Users/gcarroll/Library/Preferences/CmapTools/locales.cache'
I18NHelper :: setLocale ( en )
>>----Language Information-----<<

_currentLanguage:
_currentRegion:
_currentLocale:
_systemLanguage: en
_systemRegion:
--------------------------------------------------
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Not much in the log. We'll take a look at what is going on exactly after the last message in the log.
gcarroll

Post by gcarroll »

Well it would seem that the issue with cMaps not loading at all was totally to do with the build of OS I was using - I am surprised that not more reports of it were happening. I just updated the OS. I am now running 11.0.1 Beta and am able to load and use cMaps again.
Glad to have the program up and running again.
cheers
g
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. We haven't had the issue reported and I was about to email you that we couldn't reproduce the problem. Glad it got fixed.
spiceagent11

Post by spiceagent11 »

i'm facing the same issue vidmatevidmate download
Last edited by spiceagent11 on Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you give us more feedback? OS you are using, version of CmapTools, error that you are getting. And if possible, send us the logs to cmapsupport@ihmcus