CmapTools not loading and crashing when saving as image

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dapobe

CmapTools not loading and crashing when saving as image

Post by dapobe »

Hi

I'm using CmapTools 6.0.4. I upgraded my installation this monday from an older version.

CmapTools works great except when trying to save the cmap into something different ( grafic, pdf, etc...). It crashes after you select an option.

This wednesday CmapTools was unable to start at all, until I reinstalled it.

My computer has Java 8 update 201 installed.

At this moment I can't provide you any log, they were deleted after reinstall. I'm sorry, I have an exam and can't take time to dive into logs...

thank you
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: CmapTools not loading and crashing when saving as image

Post by cmapadmin »

Good luck with your exams. Once you are done, maybe we can take a look at the logs? CmapTools installs its own Java so the Java you have installed shouldn't make a difference.
athompson

Post by athompson »

I'm having the same issue, both with 6.0.3 and 6.0.4 on Windows 10 (1709) with 32GB of RAM. Any attempt to export to image, PDF, web page, etc. causes the program to crash. Unfortunately no logs appear to be written in the folder I designated when installing CMapTools.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi. Sorry its happening to you too. It seems to happen to a very small number of users and it apparently has to do with the library we use to generate the images and pdf -- it crashes during the execution of the library's code, not our code. We are looking into it.