Retrieving Deleted CMAP?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
mlazorski

Retrieving Deleted CMAP?

Post by mlazorski »

Hey Everyone,

I have students creating CMAPs and one student's was accidentally deleted. Is there any way to retrieve this CMAP?? Thanks!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Retrieving Deleted CMAP?

Post by cmapadmin »

If the Cmap was created in one of the CmapServers or in the Cmap Cloud, we periodically take backups.

Where was the Cmap stored? If its in a Public CmapServer we would need the path of the folder where it was stored and the name of the Cmap. If its in the Cmap Cloud, we need the email address of the user plus the name of the Cmap and whether it was in a folder.

If the Cmap was being stored locally in the computer (local hard drive) its up to the user to take backups.

Regards,

Cmap Support
mlazorski

Post by mlazorski »

Excellent, thank you so much!! It was in the CMAP Cloud. The information you need is listed below for clarity.

Email address of the User: mstroy@msudenver.edu
Name of CMAP: Stroy1
Folder Path in CMAP Cloud: "Individual CMAPs" --> "Stroy"
Last Edited: 9:30-10:00 pm MST on 5/6/21
mlazorski

Post by mlazorski »

Is there a way I could add you to the "Individual CMAPs" folder on our class cloud site? I am new to this site and I am not completely sure if I created a CMAP Server or just a local folder
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi. Seems like you are already receiving support on the deleted Cmap through email. Lets keeping there.

No need to add us to the folder. We can access your folder anyway.
mlazorski

Post by mlazorski »

Hello Again, I have another student who's CMAPs may have been deleted. I included their info below:
Email address of the User: jvanzee@msudenver.edu
Name of CMAPs: CMAP2_VanZee
Folder Path in CMAP Cloud: "Class CMAPs" --> "Module 2"

Thank you so much!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi, Unfortunately the backup system is in its maintenance cycle and somehow got stuck on it and so we can't look or it right now, and we're not sure if it was created recently whether its been backed up.