Search function in different servers

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
julio45

Search function in different servers

Post by julio45 »

I am using the Search function to make it possible for other users to quickly find a folder that I want to share with them, without having to list and search all the folders on the Public Server Cmaps.

To do this, in the folder that I want to share with other users, I have created a "reference map" with a single node containing the following infrequent word: "carpetareferencia". Folder has permission for everyone to see it.

I tell people who want to find this folder to "Search" this word (carpetareferencia) and then do "Find in view" > "Add to favorites".

I have created the "reference map" as I explain above on these two servers: IHMC Public Cmaps and IHMC Public Cmaps (2).

I notice that Search finds the reference map in the folder hosted by IHMC Public Cmaps, but cannot find it in the folder hosted by IHMC Public Cmaps (2).

Can this search incident in IHMC Public Cmaps (2) be only temporary?

---
image.jpg
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Search function in different servers

Post by cmapadmin »

We'll look into it. Should work in Public Cmaps (2) too.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Another way to share a folder, using CmapTools in the Cloud:

Go into CmapTools in the Cloud (http://cmap.cloud), right click on the folder that you want to share, select the Share option, and add the users (emails) that you want to share it with (they will need to have a Cmap Cloud account). This will create a shortcut in their home folder once they accept the share. They can access this shared folder from the desktop version, web version, or the iPad version.
julio45

Post by julio45 »

Thank you