CMap for Windows 64 6.04 crashing upon export

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
legweak85

CMap for Windows 64 6.04 crashing upon export

Post by legweak85 »

I've seen this marked as "fixed" in 6.03, but it's persistent in 6.04. I need help to troubleshoot - any insights?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled - same behavior.

My machine:
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
OS Build 19042.1466
Version 20H2

I cannot find any information regarding the crashes in the Windows Event Logs, nor any error information in the C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\logs directory.

This crashing behavior just started, so I imagine that it's a Windows system error - but I need help to troubleshoot this from my end.

Java version installed: Version 8,m Update 321
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: CMap for Windows 64 6.04 crashing upon export

Post by cmapadmin »

At what moment during the export does it crash? Had you selected the format you wanted to export as? Please provide us some more information.
legweak85

Post by legweak85 »

Here is the sequence. I'm not doing anything exotic - or anything that didn't used to work perfectly.

I start CMAP Tools on my windows machine.
I open the cmap that I want to export.
I right click, selecting Export CMAP as an Image
Upon left clicking (selecting) that option, the entire application crashes, no working, no apparent error message.

I get the same behavior is I just right click on the name of the cmap I want to export, select export to image - and CRASH.

I can restart the app, do the same thing, and it crashes again.

I have uninstalled 64 bit, installed 32 bit, and get the same performance on each version of the 6.04 application.

Again - I don't think this is necessarily a CMAP Tools issue, as it may be a windows issue and even created by policies or additional software that my institution installs. That said, I want to troubleshoot it, as this function is important to my use of CMAP Tools. Just need help troubleshooting.

Thanks!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We use an external library (not developed by us) for the Export function, and we had updated it when it was giving problems.. It would help if you try other exports, e.g. PDF, to see which fail and which don't.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

By the way, meanwhile you can use the "Print to PDF' option in Windows, and then use a utility to convert PDFs to images. Of course its not the best solution, but meanwhile it may help.
legweak85

Post by legweak85 »

The export fails for anything, PDF, image, SVG, PS, CXL...

I will use an external program until you can get this fixed. Hope it's not a major chore!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, thanks. We'll look into it.
adamusa

Post by adamusa »

I have read your post very carefully and I just want to say that the information you shared is really great and I have learned a lot from it. slope
kalyl

Post by kalyl »

Your post has those facts which are not accessible from anywhere else. buckshot roulette
salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky »

Verify that CmapTools is compatible with your specific version of Windows. Visit the official CmapTools website or consult the software's documentation to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, OS Build 19042.1466, and Version 20H2. Drift Boss