Error connecting to Cloud folder for first time

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
maloneucf

Error connecting to Cloud folder for first time

Post by maloneucf »

Our new students are trying to set up CmapTools and they are getting an error when trying to connect to a Cloud Folder for the first time. They have installed CmapTools (Windows 64-bit v6.04) successfully. However, when the click Cmaps in the Cloud, then click the folder and select "Create my Cloud Folder for the first time" they receive the attached error message. I was able to replicate the issue with a fresh install. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

The issue occurs on Windows 10 and 11. Attaching doesn't appear to be working here. Here is a link to a screenshot of the error message: https://i.imgur.com/zKz2qBO.jpg
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Error connecting to Cloud folder for first time

Post by cmapadmin »

Its better if they go to https://cmapcloud.ihmc.us first and create their account. Then set the configuration in the CmapTools client to use the email and password used to create the account.
maloneucf

Post by maloneucf »

Good to know, thank you. This method worked in the past so we didn't know to update the directions. We will do that going forward.
impalablazer

Post by impalablazer »

My school assignment also requires using Cmap Tool. However, I oftentunnel rush encounter this error. Are there any new updates?
Achean75

Post by Achean75 »

impalablazer wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:11 am My school assignment also requires using Cmap Tool. However, I often encounter this errorhappy wheels. Are there any new updates?
I can't find any new updates. :roll:
EdwardNix

Hey there, simply wanted to send some positivity your method!

Post by EdwardNix »

Thrilled to witness this! Fantastic information and the excellence of detail provided is incredible!
Thanks all of you!