Any help

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Beene1998

Any help

Post by Beene1998 »

Hi

I would like to have, in a web page, a link to a map. Not to the web page of the map, but the link would open CmapTools and loads the map, as when you have a link for a docx file, it opens Word with the file.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your help

Richard
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Any help

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi Richard,

Sorry, this does not work with CmapTools. It used to work in Windows but they changed the way Windows worked and broke the feature.
vaulterstriped

Re: Any help

Post by vaulterstriped »

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to directly link to a CmapTools map in the same way you can link to a Word document or a web page. CmapTools doesn't support this functionality, as it doesn't have a mechanism for directly opening specific maps via links.

However, you can share CmapTools maps by exporting them as files and then providing a download link to those files on your web page. Users can then download the map file and open it in CmapTools on their own computers.
hill climb racing
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
vaulterstriped