iPad version

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
msabourin

Re: iPad version

Post by msabourin »

I would easily pay $10 for an iPad version of cmap, possibly more depending on features.
dchae

Post by dchae »

If you made cmaptools for the Ipad, you (the developers) could make some serious dough. Not only would it blow away the competition, but it would be defined as one of the "Go to Apps" of the Ipad. Also academia everywhere would adopt its use. You could even take it to a venture capitalist like on "Shark Tank". Its the elephant in the room.
iwoodhouse

Post by iwoodhouse »

The unique aspect of cmaps (were it to be an i-App) is that you can label the links, as well as the nodes. I've been hunting for an iPad mind mapping app that does this and can't find one. Cmap is a much more advanced/useful/adaptable mapping tool. A touch screen is the most intuitive way to make maps (for me). I'd probably pay about $7-10 for a cmap app (that worked as well as the desktop).
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I seem to have missed some of this. I was subscribed...but must have not checked back in. I thought the topic was dead in the water. I'd be willing to pay $30-40 for an iPad version. Heck...I'd be willing to prepay. I'd also be willing to pay for my Mac based version if that would aid in development costs. I've donated to the cause one way or another.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Any new 'Years' :) updates on an iPad version?
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I was perusing the number of "views" of the various suggestions on this forum...and the "iPad version" thread has significantly more views than other suggestions. I would assume this is indicative of the relative interest. If you look at other 'similar' apps on the app store, combined with the apparent popularity of this suggestion...and I would imagine the development costs could be easily met with sales. :) Just keeping my hopes up and my fingers crossed.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I notice that the views of this thread continue to grow...

Any progress on an iPad version?
markwwoods

Post by markwwoods »

I would very much like to see an iPad version and an iPhone version of CmapTools. I don't have an iPad yet, and might not have one for a long time, but I do have an iPhone, and I would pay $20 for an iPhone version of Cmap Tools. There's a mind mapping app called iThoughts that seems quite well designed for the iPhone (and the iPad). I understand that mind mapping is not concept mapping (indeed, this is why I have not bought the iThought app, and why I would buy Cmap Tools for the iPhone). But if it can work well on a screen so small as the iPhone's, then perhaps Cmaps Tools could, too. Hopefully, Mark
acanas

Post by acanas »

Be patient... you may get your wish.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Patiently...Brett