Style palette stopped working

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jmcguirl

Style palette stopped working

Post by jmcguirl »

I am using v 6.04 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine (v20H2 OS Build 19042.2006)

I have been using this version on this laptop for a few months and the Style palette suddenly stopped working.
I've restarted Cmaps and the laptop, opened a new C-map, and re-installed Cmaps.

I have tried
Ctrl-T
"Windows" pull-down "Show Style Palette"
Pop-up "Format Style" on a concept
No error message, it just doesn't appear.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Silver75

Re: Style palette stopped working

Post by Silver75 »

i'm having the same problemdrive mad, if u solved, how did u do? :roll:
plonkarchivist

Post by plonkarchivist »

When encountering issues with CmapTools, especially a feature like the Style Palette not working, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take. Here are some suggestions:

Check for Updates:
Ensure that you are using the latest version of CmapTools. Visit the official CmapTools website or the platform where you initially downloaded it to see if there are updates available. Sometimes, software issues are addressed in newer releases.

Compatibility Mode:
Right-click on the CmapTools shortcut or executable, go to "Properties," and navigate to the "Compatibility" tab. Try running the program in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows (e.g., Windows 7 or 8) to see if that resolves the issue.

Run as Administrator:
Right-click on the CmapTools shortcut and select "Run as administrator." Elevated privileges might be necessary for certain features to function correctly.

Check System Fonts:
Ensure that there are no issues with system fonts. Corrupted or missing fonts can sometimes affect the display of certain elements in applications.

Graphics Driver Update:
Ensure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. An outdated or incompatible graphics driver might cause issues with the graphical elements of CmapTools.

Reinstall CmapTools:
Completely uninstall CmapTools and then reinstall it. During the uninstallation process, make sure to remove any leftover files or settings. After reinstalling, check if the Style Palette starts working again.

Contact Cmap Support:
If the issue persists, consider reaching out to CmapTools support for assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or solutions tailored to the problem you're experiencing.

Check for Windows Updates:
Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Some compatibility issues can be resolved by installing the latest Windows updates.

Examine Event Viewer:
Check the Windows Event Viewer for any relevant error messages or warnings related to CmapTools. This might provide additional insights into the issue.

User Permissions:
Ensure that the user account you are using has the necessary permissions to access and modify files in the CmapTools installation directory. Limited permissions could potentially affect the proper functioning of certain features.

If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue, it's advisable to reach out to CmapTools support for further assistance. They may have specific insights into the behavior you're encountering and could provide guidance on a solutiondoodle baseball
bowermussel

Post by bowermussel »

Remove CmapTools entirely, then install it again. It is important to delete any residual files or settings throughout the removal procedure doodle cricket Check to see if the Style Palette functions properly after reinstalling.